The Board brings together a wide range of agencies, charities and services that contribute to safeguarding and child protection, the Board is chaired by an Independent Chair, Gill Frame.
The agencies that make up the Board are:
Each partner agency nominates a Board Member, who is usually a senior manager with strategic responsibility for safeguarding. LSCB Board Members (PDF, 106KB).
The Board meets six times a year.
There is also an Executive Group which helps manage the overall business of the Board. The Executive Group is accountable to the Board, and has the following Terms of Reference
- to support the board in the delivery of its key objectives
- to improve connectivity between the main board it's subcommittees and key work streams
- to assist the board in anticipating and addressing emerging difficulties and challenges at an earlier stage
- to ensure that all parts of the business plan are being pursued and completed, and are reported to the board in an appropriate and timely way
- to bring some additional capacity and pace to the delivery of the LSCB agenda
Cheshire East Local Safeguarding Children Board has reviewed the sub group structure during 2014-15 and it now reflects a wider brief to ensure that the voice of children and young people is central to the business.
Every Board meeting begins with a presentation from Voice for Children and each subgroup reports back to the Executive on how it incorporates the views of children and young people in the work of the sub group.
The revised Governance Framework which details how the Board and Subgroups interact with other strategic boards.
Sub-groups are usually chaired by a Member of the Board, and the membership is made up of a wide range of representatives from LSCB partner agencies.
From time to time, 'Task & Finish' groups are also set up by the Board or by sub-groups to complete short pieces of work.