Children and Young People
All children and young people have the right to a happy, healthy, loved and stimulated childhood. You should be given the opportunity to achieve your full potential in life free from abuse and neglect.
There is information in this section to help you if:
- You are worried about the way you are being treated
- You are worried about someone else
- You want to find out more about Child Protection and what happens to children and young people involved
If you have a concern that can’t wait please contact the Cheshire East Consultation Service on 0300 123 5012, or the Out of Hours Service 0300 123 5022. This is a team of professionals who will be able to advise you on all matters if you do not feel safe.
'Working Together to Safeguard Children' is government guidance to ensure organisations work well together to help you, here is a Young Person’s Guide to help explain what it may mean for you.
Further information is included in this section of the website on how to get help if you have any concerns.
Act Now 2016 - This year’s LSCB Children and Young People’s Conference, Act Now 2016, held on July 5th at Wychwood Park was a HUGE SUCCESS! Every presentation was inspiring and different which was what made it so good. You can view the key themes shown in the presentations by clicking on the links below, and the link above is a video of the actual day!
- Body Image (PDF, 245KB), by King's School Macclesfield Girls Division
- Exploring Gender Identity (PDF, 881KB), the Proud Trust
- Resilience (PDF, 1.44MB), Middlewich High School
- Safeguarding in School (PDF, 655KB), Adelaide School
- Staying Safe on Social Media, Sandbach Boys School
Early Break (a young people’s drug and alcohol service) has launched it’s brand new, educational microsite, Don’t Be A Zombie!
Don’t Be A Zombie is an interactive microsite aimed at educating and informing young people around the harms and issues associated with drug and alcohol misuse. It has been developed by Early Break who have worked closely with Rochdale Council and Make Agency to bring harm reduction messages to young people around drugs and alcohol.