Local Safeguarding Children’s Board – Wedding
As part of Take Over, Cheshire East LCSB was taken over by young people from Cheshire East Youth Council, Young Advisors and coordinated by Voice for Children.
They arranged a wedding theme to mark a union between the LSCB and the children and young people of Cheshire East. Wedding guests were treated to presentations by young people around adolescent mental health, child sexual exploitation and the importance of listening to children and young
The LSCB made pledges to ensure Children’s Rights and the voice of children and young people were at the forefront of practice:
- To establish a “Scrutiny” Panel of young people
- Develop a Child Sexual Exploitation pack written by young people
- Review the website for the LSCB to ensure it is child and young person friendly
- Develop an Annual Survey of Safeguarding to gauge what young people across Cheshire East feel about their safety.
- Develop an annual recognition for young people who have made a great contribution to safeguarding or raising awareness of safeguarding issues
- Develop a team of Young Trainers who can be involved in the training of staff.
Since the wedding the LSCB has commissioned Young Advisors to undertake a safeguarding survey for children and young people and develop ways for those who have received Child Sexual Exploitation and Missing from Home service to influence the development and delivery of these services.
The organisation, Voice for Children sit on the LSCB to ensure the children and young people’s voice are at the forefront of LSCB practice and service development.
Jodie Morris and Liam Hill are your contacts if you have anything you want to know about how the LSCB work is shaped by children and young people and they can be contacted on Jodie.Morris@voiceforchildren.org.uk or email@example.com